Monday, June 29, 2009
Hi, yes my name is Things. And I'd appreciate it if we could stop using the N word. And if we do, can it only be...oh wait, no just don't use it. Because right now English is the global language until Chinese takes over. Look at this article from three years ago from PBS. 17 years to go. And if you come up with a name for a company, probably want to check other languages. Yep. I'm thinking NOVA too.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
1. Obama has soul. Ergo his fist-bump.
2. He gets a line-up every week.
3. He's a nerd.
4. He's also an athlete. Hodgeman makes a great distinction between jock and athlete. I love you PC. Did I just say that?
5. He and Spock have something in common.
1. Sporadic gifting of inspiration is the only thing potent enough to salve our social and attention hungry wounds. Hopefully you are as lucky as I was to receive a small Pinocchio figure and a Chris shot glass. There's a concept there. The liar within the mug of stupidity. Drink it down!
2. A majority of kids in my generation were put on drugs by their easy-fix parents to solve their attention deficit disorder 'problems'. Don't make that mistake. Just go outside and dig in the dirt. Yes, really.
3. Our jobs make us do the same walk everyday and create a ritual-morning. One we follow. Don't forget to break out of it.
4. Watch the end of The Truman Show, and then run really fast away from your computer. I saw Philip Glass perform in Brooklyn last year, and I will never forget how amazing Powaqqatsi makes you feel. I hope you read the cool article on Paul Giamatti in the NYTimes today.
5. Get coffee. With ice.
6. And read books that make you remember that reading a book is ok. It is ok.
7. Cry. And start over.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
1. I own GE stock. Not GM mind you. And it keeps going down.
2. When your room is a mess. Your life is a mess. My room is a mess.
3. I get two dentists visits per year. I have not used either and it's half way through the year.
4. KINGS was cancelled. That shows was like a full feature every episode.
5. No one knows what virtuous means. Except DC Talk.
6. Obama is in secret talks with Taliban
7. Julian Schnabel has a book signing tonight with Lou Reed. I'm on the list. But I haven't read his book. Oops.
8. That my roommate's brother keeps leaving my PS2 on after watching movies.
9. Rain. That you can't play in it when you live in NYC. Dirty.
10. We don't speak in poems. How cool would that be.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
1. Katie Couric reminds of the hot sidekick from Anchor Man.
Whether or not this is a poor way to assess her professional career is not the point.
2. She's not doing well as a broadcaster.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
This is about as close as most of us have ever come to having a garden in the metropolis. Some dream of luscious green shades and deep rich soil primed for dirty fingernails. Some don't even think about it. What a treat for the flamboyant hipster who opens this to tout his "Gay Times" and beg for more attention.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
- ► 2010 (43)
- The N Word is for Never
- Au Revoir Le roi
- Things Done at 5pm
- 4 Things about Twitter
- 5 Things that Make Obama 'Fly' by a political cons...
- 1 Thing that Should Stop
- 2 Things That Make Cyana Trend Land Awesome
- 7 Things to do to Fight Off the Digital Age Taking...
- 10 Things I'm Depressed About
- 0 Days Until Mayhem
- Nike isn't slave-free but they make hot sneakers, ...
- 2 Things You Should Know about Katie Couric: CBS i...
- how i feel isn't real
- Tend My Garden
- NASA-Not as socially awkward
- Prostituting Prostituted Thoughts #2
- ▼ June (18)