Sunday, June 21, 2009
7 Things to do to Fight Off the Digital Age Taking Over Your Life by Chris Pinocchio
1. Sporadic gifting of inspiration is the only thing potent enough to salve our social and attention hungry wounds. Hopefully you are as lucky as I was to receive a small Pinocchio figure and a Chris shot glass. There's a concept there. The liar within the mug of stupidity. Drink it down!
2. A majority of kids in my generation were put on drugs by their easy-fix parents to solve their attention deficit disorder 'problems'. Don't make that mistake. Just go outside and dig in the dirt. Yes, really.
3. Our jobs make us do the same walk everyday and create a ritual-morning. One we follow. Don't forget to break out of it.
4. Watch the end of The Truman Show, and then run really fast away from your computer. I saw Philip Glass perform in Brooklyn last year, and I will never forget how amazing Powaqqatsi makes you feel. I hope you read the cool article on Paul Giamatti in the NYTimes today.
5. Get coffee. With ice.
6. And read books that make you remember that reading a book is ok. It is ok.
7. Cry. And start over.
- ► 2010 (43)
- The N Word is for Never
- Au Revoir Le roi
- Things Done at 5pm
- 4 Things about Twitter
- 5 Things that Make Obama 'Fly' by a political cons...
- 1 Thing that Should Stop
- 2 Things That Make Cyana Trend Land Awesome
- 7 Things to do to Fight Off the Digital Age Taking...
- 10 Things I'm Depressed About
- 0 Days Until Mayhem
- Nike isn't slave-free but they make hot sneakers, ...
- 2 Things You Should Know about Katie Couric: CBS i...
- how i feel isn't real
- Tend My Garden
- NASA-Not as socially awkward
- Prostituting Prostituted Thoughts #2
- ▼ June (18)